The Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada’s public education websites provide information on a wide range of health and medical topics. The information contained herein is not intended to substitute for the advice of a physician, and you are advised always to consult your doctor for specific information on personal health matters. Unless otherwise specifically indicated, the naming of any organization, product or therapy on this site does not imply SOGC endorsement.
In accordance with the recommendations of Health Canada, the Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada (SOGC) recognizes that sexual and reproductive health education should be accessible to all people and address all subject areas relevant to sexual and reproductive health. As noted by Health Canada, “Effective sexual health education recognizes that responsible individuals may choose a variety of paths to achieve sexual health. They should have a right to accurate information that is relevant to those choices.” The HPVinfo.ca web site reflects this basic right by presenting a broad spectrum of information in order to facilitate the ability of users to make knowledgeable choices. Users are able to link from HPVinfo.ca to many other sites that present information on sexual and reproductive health. Although these links have been carefully selected, the SOGC does not necessarily endorse the content of these sites and it should be noted that the content of linked sites may change periodically and without notice. Issues related to sexuality and reproductive health can be complex and subject to differences of opinion. The purpose of HPVinfo.ca is educational and we, therefore, urge users to consider the information presented on this site and linked sites in the context of their own values and circumstances and to make personal choices that are well informed and appropriate for each individual.
Disclaimer for Responsibility of Content
Health information on this site is intended as general information only. It is not intended to replace an in-person consultation with a health-care professional, nor is it intended to provide medical advice. Individual circumstances vary and information contained on this website will not apply to everyone. The Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada assumes no liability or responsibility for the use of any information contained on the site, nor for the reliance on this information in place of proper medical consultation.
Disclaimer for Responsibility Regarding Links to Other Sites
HPVinfo.ca provides links to other sites created by other organizations and individuals. These organizations and individuals have full and sole responsibility for the content of their sites. A link to any such site does not imply our endorsement of the materials available on these sites, nor does it assume any liability for any of the information on these sites.
This policy is meant to provide the reasons for inclusion of content, specifically the appropriate linking practices for links that appear on this site.
Links to HPVinfo.ca will be allowed subject to the following criteria:
- the pages on this site will not be loaded into frames on other sites; entire pages will load into the users’ window so that users know they are viewing content from this site;
- content from this site will be used “as is” and no fees will be charged for access to it; and,
- no logos, trademarks or other HPVinfo.ca marks will be used in the link you post without the Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada’s permission.
Decisions to post links on this site will be subject to the following criteria:
- content of sites to be linked must not be offensive, lewd or malicious; and,
- sites to be linked must allow users to navigate back to the present site; they cannot block the user’s return to this site by embedding code within the linked page that will prevent the use of the browser “back” button.
Also note that:
- posting of links may be refused or following periodic review, terminated without notice, for failure to comply with these criteria or for any other appropriate reason including:
- site navigation problems;
- frequent complaints; or
- lack of resources to maintain and monitor content;
- links are provided for convenience purposes only and are not an endorsement or rating of the content of sites to which they are made; and,
- links may not work as we do not control the availability of linked pages.